Pages

9/9/11

Because it's Friday...

Fridays can bring a few unfortunate things but for the most part, they are absolutely amazing :)

This morning driving to work I had to stop and wait for the train again. See me and the train have a very abusive relationship... Every time I am proud of myself for almost being to work on time (my work building is literally on the other side of the tracks) the train ALWAYS holds me up and makes me late. And if it's a really lucky day it will come to a stop on the tracks, blocking the light and the crossing. Because the conductors hate me (they're probably Yankee fans). Today I was 15 minutes early and so excited because I have been late everyday this week... Well happy Friday Brianna! Train comes. I decided to be ok with it and catch up with all the facebook updates my phone had been yelling at me about. As I start typing static is coming over the radio that I had turned down. I turn it up and a knot starts forming in my stomach... The radio station has started playing 9/11 clips from NYC radio stations. Here I am thinking I'm being so patient with that train and they're rebroadcasting this tragedy that brought me to the verge of tears.
It put it into perspective for me. I'm sure that a lot of people are going to be feeling this way this weekend- I can't even imagine how the responders, families and survivors all will be feeling. But I believe that God was trying to remind me of all the blessings I have. And I am so thankful for the life I have today. Hearing the calls from people that had family in the towers and on those planes sobered my horrible attitude right up. My heart breaks for that city, and for everyone that it affected. Among the millions of people doing the same, I stop and remember how that school day felt, how confused I was because no one knew how to explain what was and what had happened. Ten years ago, wow. Listening to those clips made it seem like it could have happened last year.
When I woke up this morning I was just happy that it was Friday. I was just happy that my second job wrapped itself up last night. I was just happy that I had another 30 minutes to sleep. Now I am overwhelmed with gratitude and so thankful for the BLESSED and protected life I have been given. Lord thank you for reminding me to be grateful. I don't take the life I've been given for granted. I never want to do that. I'm alive and I have my family and friends. I have a job and I have bills to pay. That may sound like a weird thing to be thankful for, especially on days when I tell myself how much I hate my job or when I daydream about the things I could have spent all that money on that I used to pay those dreadful bills, but today I choose to be thankful for the responsibilities and the growing I have to do. I am so thankful for the friends that sing to me every Friday and for their saftey. I am thankful for my family, especially the ones that save me from the spiders and pack me a lunch in a transformers lunch box. I have been given and blessed with so much.
God thank you for the days you remind me how much I have and how much you have given me to help others. I am incredibly humbled today.

No comments:

Post a Comment