Pages

9/25/11

After a Long Weekend and Shuffling Days

Today I came home from a long weekend spent out of town. Friday I went up to our family's cabin with my parents. I love going up to the cabin. It's always so relaxing and such a time of rest. We hung out and just enjoyed some time together. Early Saturday morning we started our trip to the North East entrance of Yellowstone National Park. I had never been up the switchbacks (at least that I could remember) and I wouldn't mind ever being up them again haha. They made me kinda sick. Saturday all day was kinda miss and hit being sick. It made for a long day. But during the good times we saw some amazing stuff!




We had a chance to watch a herd of elk being hunted but a couple of wolves (we were just awe struck!), Old Faithful go off, and we were also able to see mirror like lakes reflecting the gorgeous mountain scenes. We looked all over for bears, but kept missing them. We did see some wild life- lots of bison, elk, a couple wolves and a fox playfully hunting by the roadside.

The drive back was probably the roughest. I was sick the entire time and we were going against the clock. There was construction that was going to be closing us off in the park if we didn't hurry and get through it before the closed the road. We didn't think we would be taking as long as we did in the park but we ended up making it through before they shut the road off. When we made it back to the cabin everyone was pretty spent.

Sunday was the kind of restful day I needed. We got back early afternoon and I went to one of my favorite coffee shops and edited pictures while a friend work on homework. We picked up my dad and went to Moneyball. I LOVED this movie. I had started reading the book, haven't had time to finish it yet but I just loved it. The details they put in it just made my heart happy (saying Youk waddles like a duck- perfect haha) and it was one that made people in the theater clap and cheer during the movie. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


And to wrap the day up Jacoby Ellsbury hit a home run in the 14th to win the second game against New York today. Thank you Ellsbury, that is exactly what I wanted for my birthday!
Boston Red Sox batter Jacoby Ellsbury crosses home plate with a home run during the sixth inning of the first game of a baseball doubleheader against the New York Yankees, Sunday, Sept. 25, 2011, at Yankee Stadium in New York. The Yankees defeated the Red Sox 6-2. Photo: Bill Kostroun / AP

And for Project 31... I'm going to postpone that just one more day, I am going to head off and catch up on my sleep... Tomorrow is a big day- no longer 22. Does 23 really feel any different? Guess I will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment