Pages

4/10/11

Thankful Sacrifice

A life journal post from April 5th, 2011:

Thankful Sacrifice


Scripture: Psalm 50:7-14,23
7 “O my people, listen as I speak. Here are my charges against you, O Israel:
I am God, your God! 8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices or the burnt offerings you constantly offer. 9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns or the goats from your pens. 10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for all the world is mine and everything in it. 13 Do I eat the meat of bulls? Do I drink the blood of goats? 14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High...23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”

Observation: Our sacrifices are NOT for God's benefit-  we do not provide for Him, everything belongs to Him. Our sacrifice should be out of thanksgiving-Honors Him. His revelation comes from honoring Him.

Application: I will not let my sacrifice/tithes/giving of myself become a meaningless routine or habit- it will be done PURPOSEFULLY and with THANKS.

Prayer: Lord, I want to honor You. You sacrificed so much for me- let the sacrifices I make be done with a thankful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment