Pages

4/12/11

Daily Renewal

A life journal post from April 12th, 2011:

Daily Renewal 

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:14-16

14 We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus,[d] will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you. 15 All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. 16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are[e] being renewed every day.


Observation: Our spirits are being renewed everyday. Alot of days we can feel like we are dying, I think that when I get that in my mind its because I'm focusing on what I'm doing and not what God is doing with me or with my testimony. Alot of times I think that I just recognize the fact that I'm getting worn down and not seeing the lives God is changing and using me as a tool in that. When I get focused on the fact that I'm worn down it usually has something to do with the fact that I'm not asking God to renew me. But that is what I need- I don't need a break- I don't need to take a vacation- I need for Him to renew me everyday otherwise I am going to feel like my body is dying. How do I change my focus from being that I'm dying to that I am bringing people life? I ask God to renew me and my focus everyday- I CANNOT get caught up in myself. That is what really kills us.


Application: I need to be renewed by Him EVERYDAY. He needs to be my source.

Prayer: Lord I want you to renew me and give me the strength to be a witness for you. Without it I feel like I'm overwhelmed. I can't do it on my own or without You. If I try to I want to give up. My desire is to be able to reach more for you Lord. Teach me how and renew my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment