Pages

4/10/11

Being a Realist

A life journal post from April 10th, 2011:

Being a Realist

Scripture: Judges 13:21-23
21 The angel did not appear again to Manoah and his wife. Manoah finally realized it was the angel of the Lord, 22 and he said to his wife, “We will certainly die, for we have seen God!” 23 But his wife said, “If the Lord were going to kill us, he wouldn’t have accepted our burnt offering and grain offering. He wouldn’t have appeared to us and told us this wonderful thing and done these miracles.”

Observation: Manoah quickly forgot the words spoken to him when he realized the one who had said them to him. His wife had to be the realist and remind him God probably wouldn't tell them all of what was spoken- just to kill them. She had faith in the word spoken. I can't help but imagine her response to her husband having some sort of sarcasm to it...

Application: I will look past my humanly way of understanding and over-reacting and trust what the Lord speaks to me. I will be a realist :).

Prayer: Lord, give me your understanding and let me look past what is right in front of me and realize Your ways are much higher than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment