Pages

10/12/11

Orchestra and Opera

Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking one of my favorite people to the United States Air Force Concert Band and the Singing Sergeants. They performed at my old high school last night and it was just wonderful. My Grampa Jim enjoys classical and orchestra music so I called him up and asked if he wanted to accompany me to it and I am so glad I did. They did such a great job and even surprised me with some opera! The place was pretty packed too. Towards the end of their performance they did a tribute to all of the vets and I wanted to cry. I always get emotional at those things, and I feel completely ridiculous, but when they all stood up it reminded me that they are real people giving up their time and often their lives. America, we are so spoiled. We are free. We complain about so much but what it boils down to is there are generations and generations of people that have fought and died so we could live. Sitting next to my Grampa also reminded me of how far people have come. The inventions that have gotten us where we are today just blow my mind. This man that has so much wisdom was sitting next to me. I have to stop and wonder if my generation will carry this wisdom with us or if we are going to ride on the back of technological advances. It makes me want to learn about as much as I can and just gain as much knowledge and put it all to use. I was in a roomful of people that learned so they could help people. That is what I want to do. I want to learn so I can help as many people as I can.



(sorry about the glowing- their podium had blue lights)

I love days when God just works on your heart all day long. Today He has been doing that and He just leaves me in awe.
Isaiah 40: 26-31

26 Look up into the heavens.
Who created all the stars?
He brings them out like an army, one after another,
calling each by its name.
Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
not a single one is missing.
27 O Jacob, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles?
O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
28 Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

He absolutely amazes me. Lately I have been learning what it means to put my trust in Him. And as I do this more and more I am finding new strength. Can I be honest? A lot of times I am scared to death of how people see me and this often ends up in me struggling to know how to witness to people. I am almost afraid to pray for God to bring me to people to witness. It is so incredibly selfish and naive but it is something that I don't want to feel trapped in anymore. I want to know the right things to say. I want to be an example of God's love to everyone I come in contact with. I want what Paul writes about in Colossians 4:5-6
5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity.
6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
That is what I am wanting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment